Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 9/Verse 26

पत्रं पुष्पं फलं तोयं यो मे भक्त्या प्रयच्छति ।

तदहं भक्त्युपहृतमश्नामि प्रयतात्मनः ॥९- २६॥

patraṃ puṣpaṃ phalaṃ toyaṃ yo me bhaktyā prayacchati ।

tadahaṃ bhaktyupahṛtamaśnāmi prayatātmanaḥ ॥9- 26॥

The one who offers with devotion a leaf, flower, fruit, [or] water to me, I consume that offering of devotion from one whose self is pure. 


patram (neuter, accusative, singular) = leaf

puṣpaṃ (neuter, accusative, singular) = flower

phalam (neuter, accusative, singular) = fruit

toyam (neuter, accusative, singular) = water

yas (pronoun, 3rd person, masculine, nominative, singular) = the one who

me (pronoun, 1st person, masculine, dative, singular) = to me 

bhaktyā (feminine, instrumental, singular) = with devotion

prayacchati (present tense, 3rd person, singular) = one offers 



tad (pronoun, 3rd person, neuter, accusative, singular) = that 

aham (pronoun, 1st person, masculine, nominative, singular) = I

bhaktyupahṛtam (bhakti + upahṛtam) (past passive participle, neuter, accusative, singular) = offering of devotion

aśnāmi (present tense, 1st person, singular) = I consume

prayatātmanas (prayat + ātmanas) (masculine, ablative, singular) = from one whose self is pure


No comments:

Post a Comment