Friday, August 12, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 10/Verse 30

प्रह्लादश्चास्मि दैत्यानां कालः कलयतामहम् ।

मृगाणां च मृगेन्द्रोऽहं वैनतेयश्च पक्षिणाम् ॥१०- ३०॥


prahlādaścāsmi daityānāṃ kālaḥ kalayatāmaham ।

mṛgāṇāṃ ca mṛgendro'haṃ vainateyaśca pakṣiṇām ॥10- 30॥

I am Pralada of the Daityas, I am time of the calculators, I am a lion of the beasts, and I am Garuda of the birds. 



prahlādas (masculine, nominative, singular) = Pralada (prince of the Daityas) 


ca (conjunction) (indeclinable) = and


asmi (present tense, 1st person, singular) = I am 


daityānām (masculine, genitive, plural) = of the Daityas 


kālas (masculine, nominative, singular) = time 


kalayatām (present participle, masculine, genitive, plural) = of the calculators 


aham (pronoun, 1st person, nominative, singular) = I


mṛgāṇām (masculine, genitive, plural) = of animals 


ca (conjunction) (indeclinable) = and


mṛgendras (masculine, nominative, singular) = the lion 


aham (pronoun, 1st person, nominative, singular) = I


vainateyas (masculine, nominative, singular) = Garuda (the bird vehicle of Vishnu)


ca (conjunction) (indeclinable) = and


pakṣiṇām (masculine, genitive, plural) = of birds 



No comments:

Post a Comment