Thursday, August 4, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 10/Verse 2

न मे विदुः सुरगणाः प्रभवं न महर्षयः ।


अहमादिर्हि देवानां महर्षीणां च सर्वशः ॥१०- २॥

na me viduḥ suragaṇāḥ prabhavaṃ na maharṣayaḥ ।
ahamādirhi devānāṃ maharṣīṇāṃ ca sarvaśaḥ ॥10- 2॥

Neither the multitudes of gods nor the great seers know my origin. Indeed, I am universally the source of the gods and great seers. 


na (adverb) (indeclinable) = not

me (pronoun, 1st person, genitive, singular) = my

vidus (past tense, 3rd person, plural) = they know

suragaṇās (masculine, nominative, plural) = the multitudes of gods

prabhavam (masculine, accusative, singular) = origin

na (adverb) (indeclinable) = not

maharṣayas (maha + rṣayas) (masculine, nominative, plural) = the great seers 


aham (pronoun, 1st person, nominative, singular) = I 

ādis (masculine, nominative, singular) = source 

hi (adverb) (indeclinable) = indeed

devānām (masculine, genitive, plural) = of the gods

maharṣīṇām (maha + rṣīṇām) (masculine, genitive, plural) = of the great seers 

ca (conjunction) (indeclinable) = and

sarvaśas (adverb) (indeclinable) = universally 


No comments:

Post a Comment