Monday, August 15, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 10/Verse 38

दण्डो दमयतामस्मि नीतिरस्मि जिगीषताम् ।


मौनं चैवास्मि गुह्यानां ज्ञानं ज्ञानवतामहम् ॥१०- ३८॥

daṇḍo damayatāmasmi nītirasmi jigīṣatām ।
maunaṃ caivāsmi guhyānāṃ jñānaṃ jñānavatāmaham ॥10- 38॥

I am clout of the rulers, I am the advice of those desiring victory, I am the silence of secrets, and indeed, I am the knowledge of the knowing.  


daṇḍas (masculine, nominative, singular) = clout 

damayatām (present participle, masculine, genitive, plural) = of rulers 

asmi (present tense, 1st person, singular) = I am 

nītis (feminine, nominative, singular) = advice 

asmi (present tense, 1st person, singular) = I am 

jigīṣatām (desiderative, present participle, masculine, genitive, plural) = of those desiring victory

maunam (neuter, nominative, singular) = silence 

ca (conjunction) (indeclinable) = and

eva (adverb) (indeclinable) = indeed 

asmi (present tense, 1st person, singular) = I am 

guhyānāṃ (neuter, genitive, plural) = of secrets 

jñānam (neuter, nominative, singular) = knowledge 

jñānavatām (masculine, genitive, plural) = of the knowing 

aham (pronoun, 1st person, nominative, singular) = I


No comments:

Post a Comment