Thursday, August 4, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 9/Verse 34

मन्मना भव मद्भक्तो मद्याजी मां नमस्कुरु ।

मामेवैष्यसि युक्त्वैवमात्मानं मत्परायणः ॥९- ३४॥

manmanā bhava madbhakto madyājī māṃ namaskuru ।

māmevaiṣyasi yuktvaivamātmānaṃ matparāyaṇaḥ ॥9- 34॥

The mind for my sake, you must be devoted for my sake, sacrificing for my sake, you must pay homage to me. Indeed, the supreme aim for my sake having been yoked to the self, you will come to me. 



manmanās (mad + manās) (masculine, nominative, singular) = the mind for my sake

bhava (imperative, 2nd person, singular) = you must be 

madbhaktas (mad + bhaktas) (masculine, nominative, singular) = the devoted for my sake

madyājī (mad + yājī) (masculine, nominative, singular) = the sacrificing for my sake

mām (pronoun, 2nd person, accusative, singular) = me

namaskuru (namas + kuru) (imperative, 2nd person, singular) = you must pay homage

mām (pronoun, 2nd person, accusative, singular) = me

eva (adverb) (indeclinable) = indeed 

eṣyasi (future tense, 2nd person, singular) = you will come

yuktva (gerund) (indeclinable) = having been yoked

evam (adverb) (indeclinable) = thus 

ātmānam (masculine, accusative, singular) = the self 

matparāyaṇas (mat + parāyaṇas) (masculine, nominative, singular) = the supreme aim for my sake

No comments:

Post a Comment