Thursday, August 11, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 10/Verse 21

आदित्यानामहं विष्णुर्ज्योतिषां रविरंशुमान् ।


मरीचिर्मरुतामस्मि नक्षत्राणामहं शशी ॥१०- २१॥

ādityānāmahaṃ viṣṇurjyotiṣāṃ raviraṃśumān ।

marīcirmarutāmasmi nakṣatrāṇāmahaṃ śaśī ॥10- 21॥

I am Vishnu of the Adityas, I am the radiant sun of jyotisha, I am Marici of the Maruts, I am the moon of the nakshatras.



ādityānām (masculine, genitive, plural) = of the Adityas 


aham (pronoun, 1st person, nominative, singular) = I 

viṣṇus (masculine, nominative, singular) = Vishnu


jyotiṣām (neuter, genitive, plural) = of jyotisha (astronomical and astrological fields)

ravis (masculine, nominative, singular) = the sun


aṃśumān (masculine, nominative, singular) = radiant 


marīcis (masculine, nominative, singular) = Marici (chief of the storm gods)

marutām (masculine, genitive, plural) = Maruts (the storm gods)

asmi (present tense, 1st person, singular) = I am 

nakṣatrāṇām (neuter, genitive, plural) = of the nakshatra (lunar zodiac) 


aham (pronoun, 1st person, nominative, singular) = I 

śaśī (masculine, nominative, singular) = the moon


No comments:

Post a Comment