Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 9/Verse 29

समोऽहं सर्वभूतेषु न मे द्वेष्योऽस्ति न प्रियः ।

ये भजन्ति तु मां भक्त्या मयि ते तेषु चाप्यहम् ॥९- २९॥


samo'haṃ sarvabhūteṣu na me dveṣyo'sti na priyaḥ ।

ye bhajanti tu māṃ bhaktyā mayi te teṣu cāpyaham ॥9- 29॥

I am the same in all beings. There is no disliked nor liked of me, but those who worship me with devotion, they are in me and also I am in them. 



samas (masculine, nominative, singular) = the same


aham (pronoun, 1st person, masculine, nominative, singular) = I


sarvabhūteṣu (sarva + bhūteṣu) (neuter, locative, plural) = in all beings 


na (adverb) (indeclinable) = not


me (pronoun, 1st person, masculine, genitive, singular) = of me 


dveṣyas (masculine, nominative, singular) = disliked 


asti (present tense, 3rd person, singular) = it is 


na (adverb) (indeclinable) = not


priyas (masculine, nominative, singular) = liked


ye (pronoun, 3rd person, masculine, nominative, plural) = those who


bhajanti (present tense, 3rd person, plural) = they worship


tu (conjunction) (indeclinable) = but


mām (pronoun, 2nd person, accusative, singular) = me


bhaktyā (feminine, instrumental, singular) = with devotion


mayi (pronoun, 1st person, masculine, locative, singular) = in me 


te (pronoun, 3rd person, masculine, nominative, plural) = they


teṣu (pronoun, 3rd person, masculine, locative, plural) = in them 


ca (conjunction) (indeclinable) = and


api (adverb) (indeclinable) = also


aham (pronoun, 1st person, masculine, nominative, singular) = I



No comments:

Post a Comment