Friday, August 19, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 11/Verse 8

न तु मां शक्यसे द्रष्टुमनेनैव स्वचक्षुषा ।

दिव्यं ददामि ते चक्षुः पश्य मे योगमैश्वरम् ॥११- ८॥

na tu māṃ śakyase draṣṭumanenaiva svacakṣuṣā ।
divyaṃ dadāmi te cakṣuḥ paśya me yogamaiśvaram ॥11- 8॥

But you are not able to see me with one's own eye. Indeed, I give your divine eye to see the majestic yoga of me. 


na (adverb) (indeclinable) = not

tu (conjunction) (indeclinable)  = but

mām (pronoun, 1st person, accusative, singular) = me

śakyase (passive, present tense, 2nd person, singular) = you are able 

draṣṭum (infinitive) (indeclinable) = to see 

anena (neuter, instrumental, singular) = with this 

eva (adverb) (indeclinable) = indeed 

svacakṣuṣā (neuter, instrumental, singular) = with one's own eye

divyam (neuter, accusative, singular) = divine 

dadāmi (present tense, 1st person, singular) = I give 

te (pronoun, 2nd person, genitive, singular) = your

cakṣus (neuter, accusative, singular) = eye

paśya (imperative, 2nd person, singular) = you must see

me (pronoun, 1st person, genitive, singular) = of me 

yogam (masculine, accusative, singular) = yoga 

aiśvaram (masculine, accusative, singular) = majestic 


No comments:

Post a Comment