Monday, August 15, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 10/Verse 31

पवनः पवतामस्मि रामः शस्त्रभृतामहम् ।

झषाणां मकरश्चास्मि स्रोतसामस्मि जाह्नवी ॥१०- ३१॥



pavanaḥ pavatāmasmi rāmaḥ śastrabhṛtāmaham ।
jhaṣāṇāṃ makaraścāsmi srotasāmasmi jāhnavī ॥10- 31॥

I am the wind of purifiers, I am Rama of the warriors, I am Makra of sea monsters, and I am the Ganges of the rivers. 


pavanas (masculine, nominative, singular) = the wind 

pavatām (present participle, masculine, genitive, plural) = of purifiers 

asmi (present tense, 1st person, singular) = I am 

rāmas (masculine, nominative, singular) = Rama (warrior hero) 

śastrabhṛtām (masculine, genitive, plural) = of the warriors

aham (pronoun, 1st person, nominative, singular) = I 

jhaṣāṇām (masculine, genitive, plural) = of sea monsters 

makaras (masculine, nominative, singular) = Makara 

ca (conjunction) (indeclinable) = and

asmi (present tense, 1st person, singular) = I am 

srotasām (masculine, genitive, plural) = of rivers  

asmi (present tense, 1st person, singular) = I am 

jāhnavī (feminine, nominative, singular) = the Ganges 


No comments:

Post a Comment