Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 12/Verse 6

ये तु सर्वाणि कर्माणि मयि संन्यस्य मत्पराः ।

अनन्येनैव योगेन मां ध्यायन्त उपासते ॥१२- ६॥

ye tu sarvāṇi karmāṇi mayi saṃnyasya matparāḥ ।

ananyenaiva yogena māṃ dhyāyanta upāsate ॥12- 6॥

But those who having renounced all actions in me, indeed, with no other they are devoted to me, indeed, by yoga they worship meditating on me. 


ye (pronoun, 3rd person, masculine, nominative, plural) = those who

tu (conjuction) (adverb) = but

sarvāṇi (neuter, accusative, plural) = all

karmāṇi (neuter, accusative, plural) = actions

mayi (pronoun, 1st person, locative, singular) = in me 

saṃnyasya (gerund) (indeclinable) = having renounced 

matparās (mad + parās) (masculine, nominative, plural) = they are devoted to me



ananyena (masculine, instrumental, singular) = with no other 

eva (adverb) (indeclinable) = indeed 

yogena (masculine, instrumental, singular) = by yoga 

mām (pronoun, 1st person, accusative, singular) = me 

dhyāyantas (present participle, masculine, nominative, plural) = meditating on  

upāsate (present tense, 3rd person, plural) = they worship


No comments:

Post a Comment