Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 12/Verse 2

श्रीभगवानुवाच

मय्यावेश्य मनो ये मां नित्ययुक्ता उपासते ।


श्रद्धया परयोपेतास्ते मे युक्ततमा मताः ॥१२- २॥

śrībhagavānuvāca
mayyāveśya mano ye māṃ nityayuktā upāsate ।
śraddhayā parayopetāste me yuktatamā matāḥ ॥12- 2॥

The Blessed Lord said, they who are eternally yoked having caused the mind to enter into me, endowed with supreme faith they worship me, they are thought to be the most yoked to me. 


śrībhagavān (masculine, nominative, singular) = the Blessed Lord 

uvāca (past tense, 3rd person, singular) = said 

mayi (pronoun, 1st person, locative, singular) = in me 

āveśya (causative gerund) (indeclinable) = having caused to enter  

manas (neuter, accusative, singular) = mind

ye (pronoun, 3rd person, masculine, nominative, plural) = they who

mām (pronoun, 1st person, accusative, singular) = me

nityayuktās (nitya + yuktās) (past passive participle, masculine, nominative, plural) = eternally yoked

upāsate (present tense, 3rd person, plural) = they worship

śraddhayā (feminine, instrumental, singular) = with faith 

parayā (feminine, instrumental, singular) = with supreme

upetās (past passive participle, masculine, nominative, plural) = endowed 

te (pronoun, 3rd person, masculine, nominative, plural) = they  

me (pronoun, 1st person, dative, singular) = me

yuktatamās (superlative, masculine, nominative, plural) = most yoked

matās (past passive participle, masculine, nominative, plural) = thought to be 


No comments:

Post a Comment