Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 16/Verse 15

आढ्योऽभिजनवानस्मि कोऽन्योऽस्ति सदृशो मया ।


यक्ष्ये दास्यामि मोदिष्य इत्यज्ञानविमोहिताः ॥१६- १५॥

āḍhyo'bhijanavānasmi ko'nyo'sti sadṛśo mayā ।
yakṣye dāsyāmi modiṣya ityajñānavimohitāḥ ॥16- 15॥

I am wealthy [and] aristocratic. Who else is like me? I will sacrifice, give, [and] rejoice. Thus, those who are deluded by ignorance, 


āḍhyas (masculine, nominative, singular) = wealthy  

abhijanavān (masculine, nominative, singular) = aristocratic 

asmi (present tense, 1st person, singular) = I am 

kas (interrogative, masculine, nominative, singular) = who?

anyas (masculine, nominative, singular) = other

asti (present tense, 3rd person, singular) = there is 

sadṛśas (masculine, nominative, singular) = like

mayā (pronoun, 1st person, instrumental, singular) = by me 


yakṣye (future tense, 1st person, singular) = I will sacrifice 

dāsyāmi (future tense, 1st person, singular) = I will give 

modiṣya (future tense, 1st person, singular) = I will rejoice 

iti (punctuation) (indeclinable) = thus 

ajñānavimohitās (masculine, nominative, plural) = those who are deluded by ignorance 


No comments:

Post a Comment