Thursday, October 27, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 18/Verse 57

चेतसा सर्वकर्माणि मयि संन्यस्य मत्परः ।

बुद्धियोगमुपाश्रित्य मच्चित्तः सततं भव ॥१८- ५७॥


cetasā sarvakarmāṇi mayi saṃnyasya matparaḥ ।


buddhiyogamupāśritya maccittaḥ satataṃ bhava ॥18- 57॥


By thought renouncing all actions in me, devoted to me taking refuge in the yoga of understanding, perpetually thinking of me you must be. 



cetasā (neuter, instrumental, singular) = by thought  


sarvakarmāṇi (neuter, accusative, plural) = all actions


mayi (pronoun, 1st person, locative, singular) = in me 


saṃnyasya (gerund) (indeclinable) = renouncing 


matparas (masculine, nominative, singular) = devoted to me 



buddhiyogam (buddhi + yogam) (masculine, accusative, singular) = yoga of understanding 

upāśritya (gerund) (indeclinable) = taking refuge 


maccittas (masculine, nominative, singular) = thinking of me 


satatam (adverb) (indeclinable) = perpetually 


bhava (imperative, 2nd person, singular) = you must be

No comments:

Post a Comment