Thursday, July 14, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 8/Verse 7

तस्मात्सर्वेषु कालेषु मामनुस्मर युध्य च ।

मय्यर्पितमनोबुद्धिर्मामेवैष्यस्यसंशयम् ॥८- ७॥


tasmātsarveṣu kāleṣu māmanusmara yudhya ca ।

mayyarpitamanobuddhirmāmevaiṣyasyasaṃśayam ॥8- 7॥

Therefore at all times you must remember me and fight. The wisdom and the mind fixed in me, indeed, you will attain me without a doubt. 



tasmāt (pronoun, 3rd person, ablative, singular) = therefore


sarveṣu (adjective, masculine, locative, plural) = at all


kāleṣu (masculine, locative, plural) = in times 


mām (pronoun, 1st person, accusative, singular) = me 


anusmara (imperative, 2nd person, singular) = you must remember 


yudhya (imperative, 2nd person, singular) = you must fight 


ca (conjunction) (indeclinable) = and 



mayi (masculine, locative, singular) = in me 

arpitamanobuddhis (arpita + manas + buddhis) (feminine, nominative, singular) = the wisdom and the mind fixed


mām (pronoun, 1st person, accusative, singular) = me 


eva (adverb) (indeclinable) = indeed 


eṣyasi (future tense, 2nd person, singular) = you will attain 


ayasaṃśayam (adverb) (indeclinable) = without a doubt



No comments:

Post a Comment