Thursday, August 27, 2015

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 1/Verse 29

Chapter 1/Verse 29

सीदन्ति मम गात्राणि मुखं च परिशुष्यति ।

वेपथुश्च शरीरे मे रोमहर्षश्च जायते ॥१-२९॥

sīdanti mama gātrāṇi mukhaṃ ca pariśuṣyati ।

vepathuśca śarīre me romaharṣaśca jāyate ॥1-29॥


My limbs are weary and my mouth dries up and trembling in my body and causes my hair to stand on end.   


sīdanti (verb root: sad) (present tense,  parasmaipada, 3rd person, plural) = they are weary

mama (pronoun, 1st person, genitive, singular) = my

gātrāṇi (stem form: gātra) (neuter, nominative, plural) = limbs

mukham (stem form: mukha) (neuter, nominative, singular) = mouth

ca (conjunction) (indeclinable) = and

pariśuṣyati (verb root: śuṣ) (pari + śuṣyati) (present tense,  parasmaipada, 3rd person, singular) = it dries up

vepathus (verb root: vip) (masculine, nominative, singular) = trembling

ca (conjunction) (indeclinable) = and

śarīre (stem form: śarīra) (masculine, locative, singular) = in the body

me (pronoun, 1st person, genitive, singular) = my

romaharṣas (stem form: romaharṣa) (roma + harṣas) (tatpurūṣa compound, masculine, nominative, singular) = hair standing on end

ca (conjunction) (indeclinable) = and

jāyate (verb root: jan) (present tense, ātmanepada, 3rd person, singular) = it is born (causes)

No comments:

Post a Comment