Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 3/Verse 2

व्यामिश्रेणेव वाक्येन बुद्धिं मोहयसीव मे ।
तदेकं वद निश्चित्य येन श्रेयोऽहमाप्नुयाम् ॥३- २॥

vyāmiśreṇeva vākyena buddhiṃ mohayasīva me ।

tadekaṃ vada niścitya yena śreyo'hamāpnuyām ॥3- 2॥

With words that seem equivocal, just so you cause confusion in my understanding. Without a doubt tell that one [way] by which I should attain the better. 


Word-for-word translation


vyāmiśreṇa (adjective) (neuter, instrumental, singular) = with equivocal  


iva (adverb) (indeclinable) = that seem


vākyena (neuter, instrumental, singular) = with words


buddhim (feminine, accusative, singular) = understanding


mohayasi (causative, 2nd person, singular) = you cause confusion


iva (adverb) (indeclinable) = just so


me (pronoun, genitive, singular) = of me


tad (neuter, accusative, singular) = that


ekam (neuter, accusative, singular) = one


vada (imperative, 2nd person, singular) = tell


niścitya (gerund) (indeclinable) = without a doubt 


yena (neuter, instrumental, singular) = by which


śreyas (comparative) (neuter, accusative, singular) = the better


aham (pronoun, 1st person, nominative, singular) = I


āpnuyām (optative, 1st person, singular) = I should attain






No comments:

Post a Comment