Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 18/Verse 64

सर्वगुह्यतमं भूयः शृणु मे परमं वचः ।

इष्टोऽसि मे दृढमिति ततो वक्ष्यामि ते हितम् ॥१८- ६४॥

sarvaguhyatamaṃ bhūyaḥ śṛṇu me paramaṃ vacaḥ ।


iṣṭo'si me dṛḍhamiti tato vakṣyāmi te hitam ॥18- 64॥

Again you must hear my highest discourse, the most secret of all. Surely you are my beloved; therefore, I will disclose for your benefit. 


sarvaguhyatamam (superlative, neuter, accusative, singular) = the most secret of all 

bhūyas (adverb) (indeclinable) = again 

śṛṇu (imperative, 2nd person, singular) = you must hear

me (pronoun, 1st person, genitive, singular) = of me 

paramam (superlative, 2nd person, singular) = highest

vacas (neuter, accusative, singular) = discourse 

iṣṭas (past passive participle, masculine, nominative, singular) = beloved 

asi (present tense, 2nd person, singular) = you are 

me (pronoun, 1st person, genitive, singular) = of me 

dṛḍham (adverb) (indeclinable) = surely 

iti (punctuation) (indeclinable) = (syntax marker)

tatas (adverb) (indeclinable) = therefore 

vakṣyāmi (future tense, 1st person, singular) = I will disclose 

te (pronoun, 2nd person, genitive, singular) = of you 

hitam (past passive participle, masculine, accusative, singular) = benefit 


No comments:

Post a Comment