Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 18/Verse 70

अध्येष्यते च य इमं धर्म्यं संवादमावयोः ।

ज्ञानयज्ञेन तेनाहमिष्टः स्यामिति मे मतिः ॥१८- ७०॥

adhyeṣyate ca ya imaṃ dharmyaṃ saṃvādamāvayoḥ ।


jñānayajñena tenāhamiṣṭaḥ syāmiti me matiḥ ॥18- 70॥


And who will study this sacred dialogue of us two; my thought is, I should be desired by that one by the devotion to knowledge. 


adhyeṣyate (future tense, 3rd person, singular) = one will study

ca (conjunction) (indeclinable) = and

yas (pronoun, 3rd person, masculine, nominative, singular) = who

imam (pronoun, 3rd person, masculine, accusative, singular) = this 

dharmyam (masculine, accusative, singular) = sacred 

saṃvādam (masculine, accusative, singular) = dialogue 

āvayos (pronoun, 2nd person, genitive, dual) = of us two  

jñānayajñena (masculine, instrumental, singular) =by the devotion to knowledge 

tena (pronoun, 3rd person, masculine, instrumental, singular) = by that one 

aham (pronoun, 1st person, nominative, singular) = I

iṣṭas (past passive participle, masculine, nominative, singular) = desired 

syām (optative, 1st person, singular) = I should be 

iti (punctuation) (indeclinable) = (syntax marker)

me (pronoun, 1st person, genitive, singular) = of me 

matis (feminine, nominative, singular) = thought 


No comments:

Post a Comment