Thursday, December 17, 2015

The Bhagavad Gita by Winthrop Sargeant

Last week I found the Winthrop Sargeant translation of the Bhagavad Gita. This translation was further refined by Christopher Key Chapple. The combined work of Winthrop Sargeant and Christopher Key Chapple created a very detailed translation, which my current translation is mimicking in style. I feel fortunate to have found this translation because now I can double-check all my grammar detail against it. I was going to publish my translation of the Bhagavad Gita, but after comparing a few verses of my translation against the Sargeant version I will not publish my translation. Sargeant's version has a few minor grammar errors, but overall I am very impressed with it. I will still post my Bhagavad Gita translation to Blogger and maybe make my translation as a free pdf to post online after I am done with the translation. I will seek some other text to translate in extreme detail many years from now.

The Bhagavad Gita by Winthrop Sargeant

No comments:

Post a Comment