Thursday, March 10, 2016

Bhagavad Gita: Chapter 4/Verse 11

Chapter 4/Verse 11

ये यथा मां प्रपद्यन्ते तांस्तथैव भजाम्यहम् ।
मम वर्त्मानुवर्तन्ते मनुष्याः पार्थ सर्वशः ॥४-११॥

ye yathā māṃ prapadyante tāṃstathaiva bhajāmyaham ।
mama vartmānuvartante manuṣyāḥ pārtha sarvaśaḥ ॥4-11॥

The manner in which they take refuge in me, indeed, in that way, I accept them. Everywhere, human beings follow my path, O Son of Pritha. 


Word-for-word translations

ye (masculine, nominative, plural) = who

yathā = the manner in which

mām (pronoun, 1st person, accusative, singular) = me

prapadyante (present tense, 3rd person, plural) = they take refuge in

tām (masculine, accusative, plural) = them 

tathā = in that way

eva (adverb) (indeclinable) = indeed 

bhajāmi (present tense, 1st person, singular) = I accept

aham (pronoun, 1st person, nominative, singular) = I

mama (pronoun, 1st person, genitive, singular) = my

vartma (neuter, accusative, singular) = path

anuvartante (present tense, 3rd person, plural) = they follow

manuṣyās (masculine, nominative, plural) = human beings

pārtha (masculine, vocative, singular) = O Son of Pritha (epithet of Arjuna)

sarvaśas (adverb) (indeclinable) = everywhere






No comments:

Post a Comment